Monday, September 20, 2010

Rear Brakes

I worked on the rear brakes over the weekend. And what an easy job it was thanks to my Torque Meister (TM). If you go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66PeguKXnds you can see the tool simliar to mine in action. It took me more time to jack up the car/remove the rear wheels, than to remove the axle nuts and brake drums. If you havent got a Torque Meister in your tool kit I recommend that you get one. One thing though, use a large socket wrench to wind on the tool rather than the sissy small one shown on U Tube. I used my large 3/4 drive wrench. As easy as to wind off the nuts. And as a bonus you can use the tool to allow you to use a coventional torque wrench to torque up the nuts to 270ftlbs. You use the TM, with your torque wrench set to 30ftlbs and you can wind out 270ftlbs. Great stuff!

No comments: